Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Year

And so far I've been to one Sunday practice, where I just did meet & greet, and one pell practice which oddly made my left shoulder sore the next day. My back was stiff when I woke up, but was OK by the time I had walked to the kitchen and back. Almost two solid hours of swinging a stick. I haven't done that much physical activity in ages. I don't think I ever did that much when I went to practice years ago when I first was doing this.

Did I mention that I found out how woefully undertrained I was before? I'm quite sure the guys I trained with before always did the best they could (hugs), but when you find out that the knight who runs the practices is not only a knight but has been King FOUR times, it becomes obvious.

Now I just need to build my pell and dig those hand weights that my roommates left in there for two years out of the car. Pell building is going to be an adventure. I live in a condo, and therefore have no yard, so it will be freestanding and mobile. Nifty eh? I'll post pics when I do it.

No comments: