Friday, March 27, 2009

Almost a week late...

Sorry...

Sunday ended up being good. No one heavy was out, so I fenced instead. Apparently Jen & Don Seamus had gotten there early, then when they were about to leave Kevin showed up. When the three of them were about to call it, I showed up. So we sat down to chat awhile, and while we did, Carlo showed up. So we got suited up and made a practice out of it.

I thought I did alright. Kevin told me later that I was really stiff starting off, but by the end of the day had loosened up considerably. I didn't like fighting Carlo so much. He's not a bad guy or anything like that, he just didn't seem to dial down his level so I got one-shotted a lot. Jen's kinda so-so. Sometimes it's a good match where I felt that I was able to get something out of it and sometimes it feels like she's just messing with me. I think I get better matches w/ Kevin because I'm comfortable with him and I know he's good at scaling his level. At least in my personal experience. He won't let me have it easy, but he won't blow me away either.

Tuesday night was good too for the most part. We had a Pit of Despair going (loser stays in), and we managed to keep it trading off enough so it wasn't the same matches over and over all night. Billy was in with the pink sleeves (Flamingo from a couple posts back) & Lynn actually got suited up! I was so proud! She's such a sweet girl and I know she has it in her to do well, it just seems getting started is a bit tough. Carlo wasn't at Tuesday but Joslyn didn't have to work and wasn't coming off a double shift so YAY again.

I know I was again stiff at the start of the night. It's because I'm so worried about doing it right. I was leaning in again too. Jen chased me around with her blade pointed at my knees but not actually doing anything to the point that I got really frustrated and called out. She said that she didn't think she hit me, and I agreed she didn't, but Joslyn had to clarify that I "wanted a break" as I went back to the line. I didn't know what she wanted from me, and in the middle of the fight I would have yelled instead of being nice and I didn't want to do that, so I walked away to get myself together again. Really, trying to figure it out and still hold my defense made my brain just fill up with static to the point I lost all my focus. I couldn't think at all past STOP! Too much happening at once! Overload! Jen, I didn't mean to offend you or make you think that I was angry, my brain locked up and I didn't want to yell. I felt bad about it happening at all which is why I didn't mention it before we left.

Well after a sit down break, I wanted to fight more and it looked like the rest of the gang was kinda done, but Billy picked up on the idea of going a few more rounds so we went at it just the two of us, over and over, for about another hour I think. 45 minutes at least. It was great. I think I need more one on one time with people. Doesn't have to be the same person every time, just someone from the group that I can understand what they're doing, or they explain it to me instead of doing stuff over and over and not saying anything.

I don't know what the plan is for Sunday. Coronation is this weekend but a good portion of group isn't going for various good reasons and a few for not as good reasons. Because of this my ride to go up tomorrow for the day is shot... Ah well I hear it's kind of a low key type thing due to Gulf Wars being last week. Tourney of The Rose is 4/11 and TMT is 5/22-25. I don't know if anyone has plans to go to any of the other stuff inbetween, but I guess we'll see.

I will admit to missing fight time w/ Will, though I may still need to adjust my helm padding before fighting him heavy again. We'll have to see if I can keep out from under that wrap of his. As for fencing, I know it's only been two weeks, but it'll be interesting to see if it makes a difference. :)

No comments: